Thursday 22 July 2010

He's done it again!

Step Shurman has produced another fantastic painting, to compliment my painting we decided it would be nice to paint one of the fashionistas of the 1960s. A true style icon and timeless beauty.

We thought it would be a good idea to choose a photo of her from my book that a couple of close friends gave to me as a present when I started out on this new venture. Her posture and elegance is resonant in all her photos.

In addition, we thought it would be nice to reflect one of our gorgeous vintage dresses from the shop into the painting, one that would compliment her in every way.

Take a look!

The colours are fab, its better when you see it hanging up in the shop, I feel like it should be hanging on my wall! The way Step has painted her is stunning, especially her silver skin tone, its so soft and totally suits her, her pose is subtle and elegant and you can feel her humbleness through the painting, definately worthy.

A real icon and I'm sure many young women like myself are envious of her in some little way.

This original is on sale in the shop so come see, be blown away.

Becky

1 comment:

  1. I'm a total admirer of that wonderful actress and fashionista. Her elegant appearance was and still is unique, her personality is adorable. I absolutely love that painting. Wonderful. Wish I could buy it!
    Love, Gertie

    ReplyDelete