Friday 11 June 2010

Forgotten Treasures!

How could I forget to blog about my trip to Lynton and Lynmouth!

On the 30th of June me and Theo were due to go Zorbing!Yes Zorbing, funnily enough its not some word used to describe laser beaming aliens, maybe thats just me, but its when you submit yourself into a huge inflatable ball and allow yourself to be rolled down a long hill!

Anyway that didn't go to plan due to the weather(wind and inflatable balls don't mix) so we re-booked that adventure and took off for a nice trip to Lynton and Lynmouth. With Theo behind the wheel I could take my shoes off, relax and enjoy the scenery for a change. It really is a beautiful part of the country that we live in, after you've gone through Porlock, you can easily lose yourself, you can go for miles without seeing anything but gorgeous views of the hills and the coast. Although I quite like seeing the odd sheep who has strayed from the field and has plonked himself on the verge by the road, I find it amusing that they are unaware of the passing traffic, totally unaffected by mans opinion.

After arriving and a having a detailed look round we decided to play putting, well Theo loves it, So he decided on that one really. I'm temperamental with putting, just aim for the ball and hope for the best. Theo won naturally!

Onwards and upwards literally, up the steep incline to Lynton on the little train, it was so much fun, just don't look down lol. We reached the top and after a sweet little walk around the town i found a lovely little shop, not long been open, April fools day to be precise, I introduced myself to the lovely lady their and mentioned our shop too. Her shop was full of vintage pieces, not clothes but furniture,books, photos, music, lots of interesting bits and bobs. I came accross some beautiful photographs that were used as postcards to loved ones, pictures of women from the 20's looking so chic and sophisticated, how times have changed lol. I had to have them, they work perfectly as display pieces in our shop.

Moving on I found another little flower shop which had gorgeous straw hearts in different colours, come to think if it in every shop we went into there were hearts made out of all different materials. I bought a few of these as we like to adorn our shop in gorgeousness and keep our displays looking beautiful and different. With Theo happy with a purchase of Robert Browning poems it was time to move on......

After many bags of flavoured fudge and a delicious take away of fish and chips, we came to the conclusion that it was well worth the trip and made the scenic journey home.
Becky
Heartfelt
x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely day out, lotsa luv, Lizx

    ReplyDelete