Wednesday 12 May 2010

The Scary Steamer!

This week with Mandy being back we have had a lot of new refreshing stock and obviously its not an entirely pleasurable experience especially when you're faced with the knowledge that you will most likely have to iron the whole lot before it goes out!

Mandys sister visited the shop a couple of weekends ago and kindly gave us a steamer, it was promised that it would take the tedium out of the laborious ironing job but.......all that glitters is not gold!

As a steamer virgin yet perfectly capable of picking things up easily I decided to take the bull by the horns and just go for it, how hard could it be.....

It's on wheels, so handy that it moves but it doesnt exaclty look pretty in fact it looks like it would be more suitable for hanging drips on in a hospital, it growls at you, sounds like a monster thats just had his fill and is burping from the depths of its stomach. Spouts out hot steam at every available opportunity, so you need to be alert at all times and unfortunately lacks a hard surface, so maybe its me, but I found it harder than using an ironing board.

I'm sadly saying that I doubt I'll ever use one again, I have to say I am a traditional woman, stick to what you know I say.

1 comment:

  1. sorry to hear of your battle with the steamer, I can give you a lesson if you like? I use both.. different device for different jobs! xx

    ReplyDelete