Thursday 13 May 2010

France in Spring!

Last week I had the opportunity to get away from the shop and visit Mandys shack in France whilst she runs the business. I was very excited about getting a break and thought some much needed sun was definately on the cards!

With the Icelandic volcano causing ongoing disruption with the flights, I was glad that me and Theo were unaffected. The last thing I wanted was to be stranded here in the miserable weather. I wanted an easy vacation, lying in the garden in my skirts and short sleeve tops and reading an interesting book whilst tanning my milk bottles.

Waving goodbye to the cold and rain at Bristol, we soon touched down in Toulouse, it was ok, cloudy but the temperature was nice, warmer than home anyway. I've been out a few times and was anticipating the gorgeous rays we'd had before. I was ready for some serious relaxation and a spot of french shopping!!!

Monday morning was here and to my horror, it was raining, with one pair of jeans, we were reluctant to draw ourselves away from our warm sofa bed. We gave in to watching dvds and eating goodies, tomorrow is another day......

SNOW!!!SNOW!!!SNOW!!!!OH NO!
France,Spring,Snow??What was going on?I hadn't prepared for this, it was settling and it was deep, even the dogs wouldn't go outside,we had to push them out so they could we were trapped, in the middle of nowhere, with no power at one point, its amazing how much we all rely on it. At least we had our log burner.

A few days later we, unbelievably, managed to get into Saint Gaudens!The snow had gone!Shopping time!!!!I had money to spend and my lovely boyfriend on hand to carry my treasures tee hee!Several hours later and many Euros lighter, I had found some gorgeous pieces and a 21st birthday present from Theo too. The most gorgeous dress, which i'll have to put a snap of on here to show you.....It's refreshing to go to France and shop, I know that practically no one will be wearing what I bought out there. It's different and I like that.

The holiday was coming to an end and sadly the sun came out a little too late, just goes to show, we shohuldn't make presumptions lol. Nevermind we still had fun!Not sure my bank account did though??

Becky
Heartfelt
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment