Friday 27 August 2010

This dress.........

I thought I would show you some snaps of our latest window display, haven't done it in a while but thought this is one that you just can't miss!

Finding different ideas for the window is sometimes a challenge but when I picked out this particular garment, I knew the rest would just follow easily and the dress is sort of a jaw dropper in itself, to me it is anyway!


The beautiful original 1950s prom dress is a stunner on its own but so sweetly it comes with a little bolero and also its very own tiara and veil, yes ladies you read correctly. The dress has had so many lovely compliments it must be flattered tee hee....
Of course the dress is old, so of course it comes with some noticeable wear and tear but honestly to me that would mean it was perfect, I would choose a dress that had tonnes of history compared with a new mass produced outfit any day! They just don't make clothes the way they did back then. So much demand I guess means short deadlines.The colour is subtle too, nice and light and very easy to match with goodies in the shop. As you can see I've displayed the window with a few beauties that you may want to wear with the dress.A few selected pair of heels, a gorgeous vintage brolly/parasol, a selection of jewellery and of course a pair of vintage gloves and purse.

Let me know what you think!
Becky
xxx

2 comments:

  1. The window looks wonderful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you yesterday Mandy, so sorry I had to whizz. Speak soon!! hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete